Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We provide day activity programs and at-home care designed to promote independence and personal development.
The Work Activity Center is seeking an Exercise Specialist. This person is responsible for the successful development, implementation, and assessment of the exercise program. The Exercise Specialist assures that appropriate clients participate fully in the program and that adequate data is recorded to fully assess the progress of each participant, the effective ness and value of the exercise program to the Center’s clients, and to fulfill the record keeping and reporting requirements for the grant.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour
The Exercise Specialist fulfills the following duties:
- Develops and utilizes effective recordkeeping systems that will assure that accurate and complete records exist to satisfy the requirements of the grant.
- Maintains accurate records regarding each participant, and in a timely manner provides the required documentation and reports as requested.
-Identifies appropriate participants for the program
- Assures that participants are assessed by a physical therapist, that the exercise programs recommended by the physical therapist are implemented and followed according to the instructions of the physical therapist, and that participants are reassessed by a physical therapist as necessary.
- Regularly monitors and records data that accurately tracks each participant’s progress in the program.
- Creates and schedules exercise activities and engages clients in exercise activities that adhere to the instructions of the physical therapist.
- Monitors each participant and assures that each participant performs exercise activities in a safe manner that achieves the client’s goals and that does not jeopardize the well-being of the participant.
-Bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in Bachelor degree exercise science program
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in both spoken and written English
- Competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have a valid and current Utah driver’s license and be able to pass an MVR annually
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or one-quarter of body weight.
Schedule: This is a part-time position. The hours are Monday- Friday, 8:45 am- 2:30 pm.
Apply Now below OR Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84041. Please select position you are interested in: Exercise Specialist.