The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We provide individualized support to people with disabilities to reach personalized and meaningful goals through day activity programs, employment services, and residential supports.
We are seeking an Apartment Manager who has experience in the Human Services field supporting people in residential settings. This is a great opportunity to positively impact the lives of the people we serve by helping to implement improvements and help maintain the quality of life of our residents. The Apartment Manager ensures that all aspects of the residential program are performed according to standard and that residents' physical, medical, and social needs are met.
Schedule: Full-time; Afternoons, evenings, and weekends; the ability have a flexible schedule is required. This program is located near the Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City
Starting Salary: $16.50 per hour, plus $500 signing bonus
The Apartment Manager fulfills the following duties:
- Schedules employees work time. Fills in employee's shifts as needed.
-Schedules and assures adherence to all daily routines and activities for individuals receiving services.
- Assists the Residential Coordinator in maintaining training for all employees. Maintains own personal training.
- Develops and documents individuals programs for assigned individuals. Assures all necessary paperwork including but not limited to data collection (programmatic and medication tracking), petty cash, fire drills, monthly safety check off list, and doctor visit reports are completed
-Ensures all medical and dental appointments and reviews are made and accompanies the individuals to the necessary appointments.
-Participates in and supervises other residential trainers to assist residents with food preparation, house-keeping, shopping, community inclusion, monitoring of health needs, personal hygiene and money management
- Attends meetings as needed including Annual meetings, Human Rights Committee, supervisor training meetings, etc.
-Creates a weekly housekeeping schedule. Assigns and oversees staff in cleaning apartment.
-Provides direct supervision for other employees working for the residents.
- Bachelor’s degree related to human or social services.
-Two to five year’s related experience in the human services field. Education may be substituted on a two for one basis.
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Utah driver license and a good driving record
- Prior experience supervising a team of employees
-Experience working as an advocate or with parents of individuals with disabilities.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including paid time off, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, and insurance benefits: medical, dental, and life. The ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
Apply online below by selecting the Apply Now button. You also may apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119. Be sure to include title in your application: Adult Community Residential Manager.