The Work Activity Center serves to enrich the lives of people with disabilities by actively providing them with opportunities for independence and individual growth. We are seeking a Team Lead to oversee one of our activity programs.
In our day activity program, we provide direct care and development activities for adults with disabilities. We are seeking a person with passion for service, supervisory experience, and previous experience providing and coordinating direct care in the human services field. A successful Team Lead effectively exercises creative problem-solving and time management skills, is attentive to detail, enthusiastic, and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Monitor and manage program involving a caseload of approximately 20 participants
- Train, indirectly supervise, and coordinate schedules for a team of up to 15 staff members
-On a daily basis, teaches and trains individuals receiving services to do as much as they can for themselves, including the use of individualized adaptive equipment.
-Routinely facilitates the setting-u and cleaning-up of any project.
-Plans and oversees day-to-day group activities of clients in their assigned department.
- Responsible for the proper care of participants and oversees their individual progress
- Monitor and review participant documentation and ensure proper record keeping
- One year of post-high school education.
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Utah driver license and a good driving record
- A minimum of six months related experience and/or training in the healthcare or human services field.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
- Prior experience supervising a team of employees
- Prior experience coordinating patient care in a healthcare or human services environment
- Ability to manage assigned program with little supervision once job training has been completed
Starting PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
SCHEDULE: 7:45 AM to 3:45 PM, Monday - Friday
This is a full-time position with fringe benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
When applying, please be sure to include the position you are applying for: Team Lead.