The Work Activity Center provides opportunities for employment, independent living, and social interaction to adults with developmental disabilities. We are seeking an experienced Employment Services Coordinator to be responsible for successful development, delivery, and quality of all elements of Work Activity Center employment division.
-Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university
-Five years related experience/and or training.
-Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
-Maintain a valid Utah driver’s license and clean driving record. Required to safely drive a vehicle.
-Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and lift 50 pounds or ¼ of his/her body weight.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Develops new business opportunities which engage Work Activity Center participants in meaningful work projects at enclave sites located in the community as well as at Work Activity Center.
2. Maintains professional and trusting relationships with business clients by assuring customer satisfaction.
3. Assures the production and delivery of high quality product and services in a timely and satisfactory manner that meets customer expectations.
4. Negotiates and prepares contracts that assure adequate revenue for Work Activity Center and meaningful work opportunities for Center participants.
5. Oversees the delivery of contracted custodial services.
6. Develops, plans and executes strategies to improve department processes and services.
7. Effectively selects, trains, supervises and evaluates direct subordinates, and assures the effective selection, training, supervision and evaluation of all other department personnel. Disciplines staff in a fair, objective, consistent and ethical manner.
8. Upholds and promotes established policies and procedures set forth by applicable regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Labor, the Utah Division of Services for People with Disabilities, the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, OSHA, etc. Assures that Employment Services staff members understand and comply with applicable regulatory standards.
9. Upholds and adheres to Work Activity Center policies and procedures.
10. Assures that participants are adequately trained in the performance of their jobs and all necessary safety measures, and assures that they are properly supervised at all times.
11. Maintains current, accurate and adequate reports and financial records, including balancing reports, and assures that required reports are delivered to appropriate Center personnel in a timely manner.
12. Has an excellent attendance record and arrives at work, appointments and meetings punctually.
SCHEDULE: 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday – Friday
Starting Salary: $18.50 per hour
This is a full-time position that includes paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, and life insurance, and a retirement plan.
Location: West Valley
How to Apply: Please select the Apply Now button below. Then submit a resume at or Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT. Include job title: ES Coordinator.