Work Activity Center is a non-profit organization seeking to hire an employment specialist in Salt Lake area who will assist our customers with developing job skills, job searching, interviewing, and finding and maintaining meaningful employment. Our mission is to enrich the lives of people with disabilities by providing opportunities for independence and individual growth.
Part-time and summer-time position with a flexible schedule (afternoon, nights, and some of the hours need to be on the weekend) working up to 30 hours per week
Full-time position- Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-3:30 pm- Full-time employees are also offered benefits that include medical, dental, and life insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and paid vacations.
Starting pay is $10.50 -11.00/hr
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, extremely organized, has the ability to pay close attention to detail, and will maintain a working knowledge of the needs of each assigned customer.
- Job development
- Maintain an active caseload and regularly schedule appointments with all assigned customers
- Assist individuals with resume/cover letter writing and interview skills before and during the job search.
- Familiarize job seekers with job site, employer, supervisors and co-workers
- Train in all aspects of the job, including breaks, lunch and transportation
- Assist with obtaining any and all supports that may be needed to maintain employment, including modifications of the work-space to enable the individual to perform assigned duties
- Serve as an ongoing liaison between the individual, co-workers, and employer after the initial on-the-job training has ended to ensure that all parties are satisfied
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid Utah driver's license
- Clean driving record (no major violations, 2 or fewer minor traffic violations)
- At least 21 years of age
- Able to pass a background check and drug screening
**Please email your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org**
Apply online below or in person at the Work Activity Center (1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119). Please select the job title: Job Coach.