- Develop and implement individualized physical activity programs
- Oversee the Exercise Specialist to ensure that the individual exercise programs are proceeding as intended and that participants are progressing in reaching their individual goals
- Use observable and measurable data to monitor and report on the progress of program participants related to various exercise and recreational programs
- Advise and direct support staff on safe use of exercise equipment and proper involvement in participants' recreational activities
- Design and maintain instructional documents related to proper leisure and recreational activities and routinely engage staff and participants in these activities
- Foster community inclusion to help participants have meaningful lives
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and coordination of participant-centered holiday parties and special events
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass drug screening and criminal background check
- Valid Utah driver license and a good driving record (required to drive company vehicles)
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- 2-year degree or certificate of completion in recreational therapy, exercise science, or related field
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working or volunteering in recreational therapy, rehabilitation services, sports medicine, or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in recreational therapy, exercise science, rehabilitation, occupational therapy, or related field
- Prior experience in event coordination or project management
- Prior experience providing direct care to adults or working with adults in the healthcare or human services field
The Recreation Specialist will normally work Monday through Friday from approximately 8 AM to 4 PM but needs to have the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of program particpants.
Wage: $13.50 per hour
Select the "Apply Now" button below to submit an application and resume. May apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT. Please select Recreation Specialist as primary position.