The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We provide individualized support to people with disabilities to reach personalized and meaningful goals through day activity programs, employment services, and residential supports.
We are seeking a Recreation Coordinator that is responsible for the successful development, implementation and assessment of a meaningful recreation program for individuals of the Work Activity Center that aligns with the Center’s mission.
The Recreation Coordinator will need to have a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, to assure the successful execution of planned activities and to achieve program needs.
$13.50-16.00 per hour, depending upon experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Recreation Therapy, Exercise Science or related field: TRS and/or CTRS is not required for this position.
- Six months to one year of experience in related field
- Competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
- The employee must be physically active. They are frequently required to sit, to use hands to finger, handle and feel, and to reach with hands or arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or one quarter of body weight.
- The employee needs to be able to drive for the Center for recreation and transportation department needs. Requirements for driving include having a current and valid Utah driver’s license, must be 21 years old, be able to pass an MVR annually, and maintain insurance on personal vehicle
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
1. Directs and organizes activities such as sports, dramatics, games and arts and crafts.
2. Creates and schedules recreation activities and engages clients in recreation activities in adherence to the Center’s mission.
3. Oversees and implements community inclusion-based activities and events.
4. Plans and implements recreation activities at the Center, community-based locations and as part of community inclusion initiatives.
5. In conjunction with the Exercise Specialist, The Recreation Coordinator will establish, monitor, and assure that each participant performs exercise activities in a safe manner that achieves the individual’s goals and that does not jeopardize the well-being of the individual while assuring the exercise programs recommended by the physical therapist are implemented and followed according to the instructions of the physical therapist, and that participants are reassessed by a physical therapist.
6. Oversees the development and effective record keeping systems that will assure that accurate and complete records exists to satisfy the requirements of applicable grants.
7. Oversees and maintains accurate records regarding recreation activities for individuals engaged in various aspects of the recreation program.
8. Establishes and maintains nutritional training program to compliment the exercise program and the needs of various individuals involved with Center services.
9. Acts as a direct supervisor to the Exercise Specialist and an indirect supervisor to support staff assuring proper staff and individual’s involvement in outlined activities.
10. Provides safety training that will ensure staff is maintaining safe practices during activities and while using Center equipment and assures all safety procedures are followed during community-based activities.
Apply now for this position below OR Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT.