For over 60 years, the Work Activity Center has enriched the lives of people with disabilities by providing our participants with opportunities for increased independence and individual development. We provide day activity programs and at-home care designed to promote independence and personal development. We are seeking a part-time handyman needed to assist in maintaining commercial and residential buildings.
Schedule: Part or Full-time available. Flexibility required in schedule.
Hourly rate: $14.00 per hour
- 2 years prior experience in building maintenance and repair is required. Basic carpentry, construction, plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills are needed.
- Ability to complete assignments without supervision or instruction
-High school diploma or GED
-Must be at least 21 years old
-Must have a valid Utah driver license, a good driving record and own transportation
- Able to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English,
- The Handyman must be physically active and able to stand and walk, bend at the waist, kneel, and lift at least 75 pounds frequently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs needed repairs to physical facilities such as, but not limited to, minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry problems.
2. Performs routine maintenance and repairs to sprinkling systems and landscaping.
3. Performs snow removal from sidewalks, building entrances, and parking areas.
4. Performs routine maintenance of physical facilities and grounds such as, but not limited to, changing furnace filters and winterizing sprinkling systems.
5. Identifies and reports observed problems to the Facilities Manager.
6. As necessary, travels from job site to job site.
Please select the "Apply Now" button below to submit an application and/or resume. May apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT. Please select the Handyman position under primary position desired.