The Work Activity Center is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee, as well as implement, approved repairs and improvements to physical facilities owned and leased by the Center. In addition, the Facilities Manager assures custodial contracts are accomplished in a quality manner and that a maintenance scheduled is prepared and followed to maintain the personal property of the Work Activity Center. For over 50 years, the Work Activity Center has enriched the lives of people with disabilities by providing individuals with opportunities for increased independence and individual development in day services and residential settings. We are a non-profit service organization.
Schedule: M-F, 8-4 but requires flexibility in work schedule.
Salary: $17 per hour
Status: Full time
This is a full-time position that includes holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life insurance, and a retirement plan.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college, and one year supervisory experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds or ¼ of own body weight
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old
- Must have a valid and current Utah Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Must be able to pass a UDOT physical examination (UDOT- Utah Dept of Transportation)
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilities and Contract Manager:
- Identifies, recommends and implements needed repairs to physical facilities and grounds; receives repair requests and assures completion of repairs.
- Assures completion of routine maintenance according to schedule.
- Oversees contractors and subcontractors, assuring that work is completed in a quality manner according to contract; secures valid bids for repairs and improvements to physical facilities and grounds.
- Oversees the delivery of contracted custodial services, assuring that customers are satisfied and that services provided are within budget.
- Assures that snow is removed from sidewalks, building entrances, and parking areas.
- May participate in the managing and maintenance of the Centers transportation fleet.
- As necessary, travels from job site to job site. Requires flexibility in work schedule.
- Purchases materials and equipment needed for the accomplishment of work assignments and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Now by selecting the button below. Please complete the full application and be sure to include your resume and three work related references or apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119. Please select the job title: Facilities Manager position.