The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We are seeking an experienced manager to oversee our transportation department which serves adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Schedule: Majority of hours worked per week will be spent between 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to work before or after shift to meet transportation needs.
Compensation: $13.50 per hour
This is a full-time position and includes paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, and life insurance, and a retirement plan.
-Six months previous experience in transportation services or similar setting
- Previous work experience supervising a team of employees
- Valid Utah driver license, clean driving record, and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to pass a drug screen and a background check
- Must be in good physical condition and able to stand for long periods, kneel, bend at the waist, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds or ¼ of body weight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates, manages, & implements the weekly schedule for driving passenger routes.
2. Acts as a back-up driver as needed and follows all requirements for Driver job description.
3. Assists in communicating effectively with parents, residential providers, Utah Transit Authority, and Work Activity Center departments regarding any and all changes in routes, departure times, arrival times, etc.
4. Trains staff/personnel in the safe operation of coaches and vans.
5. Assures that Center vehicles are properly and routinely maintained and cleaned (inside and outside). Regularly and prior to each trip, inspects vehicles for safety hazards and damage. Maintains adequate and complete maintenance, repair, and cleaning records.
6. Keeps the Work Activity Centers fleet of vehicles fueled and advises Transportation Coordinator of any mechanical defects that need to be resolved.
7. Actively participates in loading/unloading passengers daily.
8. Maintains compliance with insurance requirements by maintaining proper insurance and a safe driving record.
9. Submits all required and requested reports to Utah Transit Authority in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
Apply now for this position by selecting the button below OR Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119.