The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center which serves to enrich the lives of adults who have physical and intellectual disabilities. We are seeking a full-time addition to our employment services division where we provide supported employment opportunities and job skills training. The Job Coach will assist program participants with production and assembly projects by overseeing their work and providing direct care as needed. This is a rewarding opportunity to serve people in the community and assist with facilitating production projects that provide job skills development for our program participants.
Part-time schedule: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Starting rate of pay: $10.50 per hour
Job location: 7043 S 300 W, Midvale UT
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Work Activity Center benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance.
* Teach production and assembly skills
* Monitor program participants' work and facilitate improvement in their quality of work
* Provide guidance and encouragement while modeling good work conduct and habits
* Accurately record work produced by program participants
* Assist program participants with personal care and hygiene as necessary
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Must be at least 18 years of age; preference given to candidates who are at least 21
* Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently and stand and/or walk throughout the duration of the shift
* Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
Apply now below OR Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119.